Tuesday 3 June 2014

Embroidery

For the love of embroidery!


The Art of embroidery 
is relaxing and rewarding!

Embroidery is a lovely past time 
during the winter months. Sitting near the fire with a cup of tea, stitching away while you watch your project come to life with colour, form and perspective.

How therapeutic!
 This beautiful monarch butterfly doily
 is one of my opportunity shop finds that I will cherish, as it reminds me of my beloved mother. 
 The butterfly is quite unusual and the stitching so beautifully perfect.


Gorgeous threads to choose from!




I'm going butterflies!
This is a project I'm working on at the moment...


Beautiful floral designs!



 Beautiful vintage embroidery!






 Pretty bird template!




Pretty Pastels!




Lilly of the Valley arrangement with vintage floral doily adds a lovely homespun style!



 This is a beautiful book of
 The Gentle Arts of Domesticity by Jane Brocket 
including embroidery, knitting, quilting, cooking and more!




Tulips!

Design!



This is a great book
 if you are new to embroidery & would like to learn different stitches.  It is easy to follow & has a number of templates and stencils.




This is a beautiful
 handmade tablecloth given to my mother by her aunt which I have inherited & cherish. It was made by my great aunt in the 1950's & given to my mother as a wedding present.  
The embroidery stitches are truly sublime!



 This is a vintage record 
player friends gave us to put to good use, 
as it is missing the mechanics.  It looks gorgeous with a vase of English roses from their garden.



 A bunting made from a collection of doilies!
This was taken at one of my favourite 
Devonshire Tea rooms in Melbourne 
called  
Jam and Cream!

Modern embroidery - Scooter Babe!

Embroidery has made a come back
 as it allows you to explore your own style and create something individual or different from the vintage designs of the past. 

An embroidered cushion 
adds a homespun look which is inviting!

Happy Hunting & Embroidering! 

No comments:

Post a Comment