Friday 30 May 2014

Vintage Tins

Here are a few of my favorite tins!
 Vintage Tins...
 

 I started collecting tins about 15 years ago because they looked so pretty and started using them for storage rather than decoration for baked treats, cards, buttons, ribbons, small toys, pencils etc.  I only buy them if they are unusual and a bargain, usually from opportunity shops.

Happy hunting!


 I love Christmas and use the vintage Christmas tin as a part of my Christmas display


The childhood memories that these tins bring back are amazing, such as the good old Quality Street tin!



 Old fashioned Tea Cake 

to put into your vintage tin,
 if it lasts that long!




60g butter
1 egg
180g self raising flour
90g castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
3/4 cup milk 

Combine all ingredients & mix using mix master (or old fashioned hand beater) on slow until combined
Scrape sides of bowl & then mix
on high for two minutes
Bake in moderate oven 170-180 degrees for 20-25min

While still warm, brush with warm butter & sprinkle with a mixture of cinnamon & sugar.




A great winter treat 
with a cup of tea!


Enjoy!




Latest beautiful cook book!

Nonna To Nana 
Stories of Food and Family by Jessie & Jacqueline DiBlasi 
is a lovely tribute to the secrets of traditional recipes & methods handed down from one generation to another with Love
 
Visit their blog


What I'm listening to...

 Sol 3 Mio


While I was cooking today, I was listening to a new CD called

 Sole Mio 
by three Somoan tenors called 
Sol 3 Mio

Just gorgeous!  

I highly recommend  it if you are feeling down & want to listen to something uplifting & forget your worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment